Canadian Truck Driving Employers Interviewing in the UK 10 & 11 October!
Make your move to Canada simple by joining our Working In event this October, in the UK.
Canada’s Truckload Transportation Company, Professional Carriers is travelling to London to meet Truck Drivers and fill Positions on a variety of different runs throughout Canada.
If you are a Truck Driver interested in making your move to Canada a reality, Professional Carriers want to meet you.
Just a short flight away, Canada is renowned for its welcoming nature and breathtaking scenery. What’s more it has famously friendly folk and career opportunities aplenty.
Professional Carriers Inc. is looking to add hard working individuals to our team of drivers for full time positions on a variety of different runs throughout Canada, as well as some to the United States. Our drivers should be able to operate assigned equipment in a safe, reliable and dependable manner to ensure that customer service needs are met. They need to provide safe transportation of refrigerated goods insuring temperature and food safety requirements are maintained. Driving rules in Canada permit 13 hours of driving versus 11 driving allowed in the United States. This increased driving time allows for more paid miles to be travelled. Annual earnings for company drivers is, on average, between $58,000 to $65,000. Professional Carriers also offers a health plan as well as a quarterly safety bonus if eligibility criteria is met.
- Ensure that appointment times are met or that delays are immediately communicated to dispatch
- To ensure that reefer operation is strictly monitored to ensure there are no unnecessary claims to product
- To protect the integrity of the equipment provided – tractors, trailers, cold walls, load securement devices, tractor contents (tools, etc.) and to immediately report any accidents or incidents which result in damage or loss of this equipment
- Operate electronic logs and follow all hours of service regulations
- Communicate via macros as required for each load
- To follow recommended fuel locations message as closely as possible to assist with controlling fuel costs
- Paperwork should be submitted to the office in a timely manner. If unable to pass in, forward to the office with another driver or scan and email to Administration for billing
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible
- Serve as an ambassador for the company in a “Professional” manner in every interaction with clients and with the public
- Take pride in your appearance and the appearance of your equipment
- Communicate home time needs in advance to dispatch, so as to ensure no interruptions with customer service
We require the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable long-haul experience.
- Clean drivers abstract – current in last 90 days
- Recent criminal record check – current in last 90 days
- 750 hours Multi Engine
- 250 hours Multi Engine PIC
- Able to obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Level 5 English skills
- High school diploma or equivalent