HEB Construction, New Zealand
Surveyors & Earthworks Managers Jobs in New Zealand. Come and meet us in Johannesburg this November.
HEB Construction Ltd has grown from humble beginnings into one of the leading civil construction companies in New Zealand. We provide our clients with a diverse multi-disciplined civil engineering infrastructure capability that helps to sustain the communities in which we work. This capability includes the construction of sub-divisions, roads and bridges (including pavements and surfacing), storm water drainage, pumping stations, water and waste water treatment plants, as well as piling, wharf construction, precast concrete elements and landscaping.
After 35 years of private ownership, the next chapter of our history has begun. In 2015, HEB Construction became a member of the VINCI Construction International Network (VCIN). Founded in 1899 as Société Générale d´Enterprises, based in Paris, VINCI employs over 185,000 people in over 100 countries. They are one of the top 50 companies listed on the European Stock Exchange and are engaged in work across many construction sectors, including rail networks, energy projects, airports, highways, bridges and hydro dams.
Culture and working environment
We want to make working at HEB Construction the best job you will ever have – that might sound ambitious but that’s the goal. Our core values are central to how we work and the HEB culture is an enviroment that allows individuals to flourish whilst maintaining a strong team ethos.
Our work has a huge impact on peoples’ lives and we offer career opportunities that will excite and challenge you more than you ever imagined. We want you to grow your career in a way that suits you, so you can make the best of your skills and thrive from day one.
Whether it is professional qualifications, new technology, new projects, new skills or a new role, we firmly believe in helping support our employees to develop their skills and knowledge.
Make your move to New Zealand this year.
With large projects on the horizon, we are in need of experienced Surveyors and Earthworks Managers. You’re an exceptionally strong organizer who thrives in a hands-on role within contracts that demand a high level of interpersonal skill. You are eager to share your vast knowledge of surveying and enjoy mentoring junior or trainee Surveyors.
Reporting to the Survey Manager you want to take responsibility for daily communication with the Zone or Area Manager/s. Technically astute you’re adept at using Civil 3D Autocad software and have a strong understanding of survey methodology, civil construction & paving methodology.
Some of the tasks you’re accustomed to include:
- Providing data in respect of variation orders and site instructions
- Assisting with strategies, systems and procedures for the execution of all surveying operations to the required level of accuracy and quality
- Working to a program of surveying activities
- Working with Autodesk Civil 3D Autocad software and develop draughting & modeling skills to be able to produce basic drawings, as built information and drawings, calculations and report volumes
- Undertaking basic reporting of surveying information, areas and volumes
- Maintaining project drawing and document archives
- Assist with operation of machine control guidance systems on graders, pavers & milling machines
- Performing and managing activities and operations according to the project management procedures including safety and wellbeing.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in compliance with work instructions, client specifications or standards prepared for a particular job
If you’ve got what we’re looking for we want to meet you in Johannesburg this November. Please register your interest to be invited to meet our recruitment team on 20th November 2017