Electrix, New Zealand
Distribution Line Mechanics & Supervisors/Team Leaders Distribution Jobs in New Zealand. Come and meet us in London.
We are a leading provider of engineering, construction and maintenance services to asset owners in the utility, industrial, commercial, resources, and infrastructure sectors.
We have been in business in New Zealand since 1955 and commenced operations in Australia in 1997. Growth is an important part of our strategy as we continue to extend our capability and explore opportunities in new markets.
In addition to our home markets, we have completed major projects in; Fiji, American Samoa, Indonesia, the Maldives and the Marshall Islands.
We have a statement of purpose centered around “Pride, Performance and Value” which gives us a solid foundation and direction. Our culture is open and supportive which ensures that we work as a cohesive and united team sharing a commitment to our customers and each other.
Culture and working environment
With over 1000 people at Electrix, we have the capacity and capability to ensure successful project delivery.
Our team is made up of experienced people respected by their peers. We place an emphasis on retaining and nurturing our team at all levels of our business, hiring new team members who share our values, and ensuring stability and continuity, as we grow.
As an established company with strong ties in the market, we provide continuity, reliability and stability to our customers, building on existing relationships and creating new ones.
We invest considerably in the development of our team through a wide range of learning and development initiatives.
We build the specific technical job skills of every employee and the leadership skills of those who run our business and manage our teams.
Our graduate, trainee, and apprentice programmes are testimony to our commitment to the future, ensuring that the next generation of “Electrix People” are ready to take on the challenges of tomorrow.
Make your move to New Zealand
With large projects on the horizon, we are in need of Distribution Line Mechanics, Team Leaders – Distribution, to work on large projects in New Zealand.
Distribution Line Mechanics
To provide a technical trade’s service to the company’s Distribution Network Lines Division.
Some of the tasks you’re accustomed to include:
- Identifying electrical systems in preparation for work
- Climbing and working on electricity network structure
- Using lines machinery plant and equipment in an electricity network environment
- Determining the condition of electricity supply lines
- Applying earths to and removing earths from overhead electricity supply line conductors
- Developing work plans for construction and servicing overhead electricity supply lines and equipment
- Joining electricity network overhead conductors
- Replacing load bearing pole hardware in electrical networks up to 33 kV
- Installing and replacing electricity network pole structures
- Installing electricity network overhead conductors
- Operating ground and structure mounted electrical equipment associated with electricity lines up to 33 kV
- Installing electricity network overhead conductors
- Removing electricity network overhead pole line installations up to 110 kV
- Rigging electrical network structures
- Installing pad and structure mounted electrical equipment
- Installing and servicing street lighting
- Installing and replacing aerial bundled conductors and associated line hardware
- Excavating and reinstating underground cable installation sites
- Installing terminations and joints in polymeric insulated power cables up to and including 1000 volts
- Ensuring that work is carried out to required standards and plans, stopping work if unsafe or not to standard, reporting QSE issues that arise and managing risks in the workplace.
- Flexibility required in dealing with adverse weather, resource, materials and other conditions.
- Intermittent or long work hours as required in a maintenance role
- Participation in a shift roster for reactive faults
- Hands-on experience in distribution line work to industry standards.
- A thorough knowledge of current regulatory and industry requirements.
- Education: A trade qualification as electrician or distribution line mechanic is required.
Team Leader – Distribution
To co-ordinate distribution network employees and deliver the required customer service level agreement outcomes. To ensure work is completed safely, on time, to an appropriate quality standard.
The job holder is responsible for assisting the supervisor and contract manager with:
- Planning of work for staff and leading staff in the field on a daily basis.
- Utilising of subcontractors.
- Identifying long-term works for budget consideration.
- Ensuring that both Electrix and the client comply with the contract agreement.
- Ensuring job packs are submitted for invoicing.
- Maintaining excellent productivity and employment relations.
- Achieving industry codes of practice and ensuring they are complied with.
- Achieving safe working methods and the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment Act and ensuring these are communicated to all staff.
- Delivering QSE plans to the required standards, establishing high QSE standards and coaching and mentoring employees on QSE requirements.
- Education: A level 4 qualification as a Distribution Line Mechanic is preferred.
Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Hands on experience in distribution lines installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of current regulatory and industry requirements.
- Basic computer experience.
- Able to write brief reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and customers – at all levels.
- Team player with emphasis on safety, quality and the environment.
If you’ve got what we’re looking for, we want to meet you in London UK. Please register your interest to be invited to meet our recruitment team on 17th and 18th March 2018.