Top Canadian Animation Employers Interviewing in the UK 10 & 11 October!
Make your move to Canada simple by joining our Working In event this October, in the UK.
Award winning entertainment content, development and production company, Copernicus Studios is travelling to London to meet 2D Lead Animators and fill Positions on their team.
If you are a 2D Lead Animator interested in making your move to Canada a reality, Copernicus Studios want to meet you.
Just a short flight away, Canada is renowned for its welcoming nature and breathtaking scenery. What’s more it has famously friendly folk and career opportunities aplenty.
About Copernicus Studios:
Based in Halifax Nova Scotia – East Coast living at it’s best! Only minutes from surfing beaches and hiking trails, Halifax has a small town feel with big city amenities. Industry veterans and new grads work alongside each other at Copernicus, in a collaborative working environment with a focus on learning and career growth. They are looking for experienced 2D Lead Animators to join their team!
- Produce 2D animation that meets the creative and quality standard of the production
- Guide other 2D animators and help develop junior artists by providing support, mentorship, and feedback on their animation skills
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues
- Incorporate all notes from the Animation Supervisor while working collaboratively under a tight schedule
- Attend team and departmental meetings
- Portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a variety of styles and technical capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years of production experience in 2D animation for television/features
- Degree or Diploma in 2D Animation
- Management/Supervisor experience considered an asset
- Impeccable understanding of animation principles
- Strong understanding of character rigging
- Advanced knowledge of Flash and/or Toon Boom Harmony
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail, problem solving skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills